Saturday, April 13, 2013

Feeling Dotty

I have a lovely friend staying with us this weekend and we did a little wander around the town.  It was so fun to look into a few shops I've admired but haven't been into before, catch a movie, have a coffee (or two) and just generally get caught up.

While we walked around I got inspired to complete two quick DIY projects.  I have a much bigger project in the offing, but these were so quick and easy to do and turned out pretty great!

The first came about because I saw a wee bag of felt rounds in Minerva.  I just glued them to some white craft paper and popped the whole thing into a frame for a bit of colour 'round these parts.


Then we headed down to Swonderful where I spotted some pretty necklaces.  However, the colours weren't for me (brown and green).  The concept was simple though, so I just stopped in at the bead shop on our way back down the street and bought a plain copper chain and some beads, to create this necklace.



In fact, I liked it so much that I grabbed a few extra beads and used a chain I had lying around at home to create a second one.

 
In total this jewellery project cost me $19.  I felt this was a pretty good bargain since the original necklaces were priced at $36 a piece!

Who knows where this spot obsession will take me, but I'm loving the little bits of colour here and there as the days get darker.

No comments:

Post a Comment