Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Making Progress

Saturday night was the Mt Vic Crew Progressive Dinner.  A progressive dinner involves entrees, mains and desserts (plus drinks) but each course is served at a different house.  Very fun, and a great way to share the stress of a dinner party!

The Doctor and I, as well as A (who lives directly opposite us), hosted entrees.  A and I decided on what we'd make on Friday night - and by that I mean that A, who is a wonderful cook, took pity on me and gave me a recipe on Friday night!  We also decided to host at our house as it is larger and has a dishwasher.

I made spinach balls, which were SO yummy (recipe will follow later this week) and A made blinis with sauteed vegetable toppings.  I ate a lot, so much so that I felt full before the mains.  Whoops!

We also served drinks and I decided we'd keep it simple with some Rekorderlig ciders, fruit to jazz it up, and some fruit juices and mineral water for our teetotal friends.  Total deliciousness!



It rained right before we left for the next house, and the view from our sunporch looked awesome:


Just ignore the UFO, it's my living room lights (dang it).
But in the end the rain held off, and we enjoyed a wonderful evening with friends. Hooray for progressive dinners!

No comments:

Post a Comment