Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Wellington Fashion Week: let the games begin

Last year a young man decided to make a dream a reality.  That dream was Wellington Fashion Week and I, in my capacity as a contributor to another blog (prettyprettypretty.com), got to toddle along and play fashion journalist.  It. Was. Rad.

There's a few rumours about whether or not last year was a total success, but whatever, because WFW is back.

I'll be blogging the show content on PPP but I figure it would be good to capture a few memories here.  Starting with: what did I wear to the opening party that I was nearly an hour late to?

Dress: Forever New; Pants: Glassons; Shoes: Hannahs; Purse: vintage; Coat: thrifted; Jewellery: Witchery & handmade.
I totally ran into the house, threw on this outfit ("conceptualised" in a panic on the bus), re-did my makeup, threw my hair up and ran out again.  I was a bit worried that it might be a bit casual but it turned out to hit exactly the right note.  The shift dress is silk, which gave a bit of much-needed fanciness (as did the red lipstick I wore).

Those shoes were an absolute killer.  It took everything I had to leave them on for these photos (taken after the event).

Tomorrow I have a private showing, a retail experience, a group show and a shoe catwalk show.  Which means I better go dream up some more outfits...

No comments:

Post a Comment