Friday, April 5, 2013

Odds and Sods

A weekend jaunt around the secondhand shops is more than likely to result in a few bits and pieces making their way back to Capital City with me.  As well as a sensible navy skirt (awaiting a trip to the tailor to be shortened by several inches) and a little wooden dish that is being tarted up, I snaffled up...


This leather belt - I'd been on the hunt for a narrow studded leather belt with a heavy buckle for a while.  This immediately caught my eye and I was delighted to find it's the perfect length for my waist.  The $4 price tag was an additional incentive. 


My obsession with this type of glazed pottery continues and I was more than happy to take every cup off the rack in order to reach this one at the back.  It needed a good clean (the inside was very stained from what must have been hundreds of cups of coffee) but I can't wait to enjoy my first cup of tea from this $1 cup. And perhaps I'll stir in the sugar with this Girl Guiding souvenir teaspoon!


I was inspired when I saw this old sheet music at the Salvation Army and snaffled up a few sheets.  The plan is to frame them and pop them in the sunporch.  However, it is super sunny out there so in order to make sure these don't fade in five minutes, they'll have to be professionally framed with proper protective glass.


And finally, a little bit of gaudy bling.  I loved the use of natural minerals in this bracelet, and  you can see the gilt is wearing off.  I think this was probably a souvenir (it has the level of quality you see in mass-produced souvenir jewellery) but I look forward to layering it or wearing it peeking out from under a cuff.

All in all, a very fruitful trip.  I especially can't wait to frame those pieces of music and get something up on the wall in the sunporch!

No comments:

Post a Comment