Tuesday, March 26, 2013

Decorate


After two months in our new house, we have done a lot of decorating (I want to say we're 97% done and we're down to details, but that's only true if I ignore the spare room).

In the rest of the house I'm running out of bits and pieces to finish off.  There's just a few more "spots" to tidy up and then we'll live in it for a bit (until I score some vintage treasure and rearrange the house to accommodate it).

www.houzz.com
 I'm hunting down new knobs for our reclaimed rimu dresser - the existing knobs are plastic, with some kind of coating to make them look like chrome (?!).  I would love something in blue and white glass to match our overall blue and white bedroom theme, but failing that I will track down some mid-century metal knobs to finish it off.

Sadly, not my wardrobe: blog.freepeople.com
 There's no room in our teensy wardrobe for all my clothes, so the majority of my things live on a garment rack in our bedroom.  I hate it. There's just way too much stuff crammed on there!  My goal is to whittle it down by 30% so that it all fits neatly onto the rack with room to look for things.  I love the idea of just having key pieces on there that I truly love so I'll be working away on the cull while I also transition to my winter clothes (currently in the storage closet downstairs).

Etsy - saving the day

We have a small white dining table in the sunporch that the Doctor bought at Ikea and shipped back to New Zealand.  It isn't the best but it's the only table we have for now.  We need something to jazz it up (and hide its previous bad treatment) and so I am trawling through vintage tablecloths, trying to find something that isn't too girly or expensive!

via www.homebunch.com
Finally (for this post at least!), I want to utilise our sunporch over the winter and keep my fingers green.  I like this collection of greenery and I have the perfect table/sunny spot to work with too. I'll have to keep my eyes peeled for some nice pots (since the ones at the garden centre are frequently terrible) - I sense a spot of thrifting in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment