Sunday, March 31, 2013

Easter Outing

This four day weekend came along just in time.  I had a big work meeting on Thursday and flew home to Capital City with a song in my heart. Friday was a quiet home day but on Saturday I headed out early to visit with the Ladywife.

After a short stop in Levin to scope out SaveMart (borderline unsuccessfully - boo) I collected Ladywife and we headed out with the Designer to Foxton to hit the secondhand shops.  After a more successful (and fascinating) day of rummaging around, we headed into the festival at Waitarere Beach for some tasty ice-creams and a ride on the swings.

It was the perfect day.

Vintage toys, including a doll I nearly bought for my Mum

Pretty sure the Doctor would love a juke box...right?

Beautiful packaging on the donut maker

Someone took a lot of time and effort over this set of tins

For Amusement Only. No Prizes. No Wagering.

Old buses from Capital City, in a car yard in Foxton

I actually regret not buying this. A polar bear playing an accordian?!



You get the radio on Tuesdays and Sundays, and that's quite enough

The wags at Radio Foxton - a toilet that's labelled conference room? Classic.

Blue sky, sand, and a lifesaving caravan


No comments:

Post a Comment