Sunday, March 3, 2013

Weekender

The last two weekends have been spent in Wellington, which makes me a happy Capital Lass.  Although I'm still racing about when we're home, I tend to feel much less disorganised going into the new work week.  Plus I get to work on fun things like my garden and host friends for dinner!


I started last weekend with a healthy breakfast! Lady Wife and I cruised to the Hill Street markets on our bikes and I finally got the donut I'd been craving since the previous night.

 
And we grabbed some other goodies, including cheese and fudge treats for the Doctor.  I planted the brocolli that day.

I scored a few other cool things over the last two weekends, including (finally) a crochet blanket courtesy of the Salvation Army (as well as a candle holder that on further investigation turned out to be really expensive new...).



The house was full of tarts on Saturday afternoon as I went off the deep end and made both lemon and chocolate tarts for our dinner party with the Lady Wife and the Designer.  Turns out 8 tarts for 4 people is ludicrous - but it was fun!  And they turned out great so that's a handy one to have in the back pocket...

 
As well as seeing a friend's play, and generally getting up to mischief, I finished the weekend at D's house watching The Princess Bride.  Wellington puts on a beautiful sunset for us on the regular, and this particular Sunday was no different.


This weekend kicked off with date night on Friday night.  I scored this beauty for an amazing $20 on further reduction and wore it with a patent belt and a winning smile.


 On the way home from the restaurant I spied this little gallery that I will have to check out.  I love the floral print and the nearest vase on the table there.

Yesterday was a chance to check out a new (to me) store called Vintage Heaven.  While I wasn't blown away, I did love their collection of vintage-inspired swimsuits, including a blue velvet one piece!



Plus I've done ALL the eating, including a delicious BLT at Gotham this morning, and a lovely solo breakfast at Mojo yesterday.  The Doctor's parents dropped off a whole lot of produce from their garden this afternoon, which is excellent since I am trying to gobble up as much fresh, summery stuff as I can before this unusually warm weather ends.  Starting and ending with watermelon - my favourite summer treat.



All in all, two delightful weekends and exactly what I needed to charge my batteries before my family's arrival this week - house guests every day until Sunday! Woah!  I can't wait to show them some outdoor circus, take in a rugby game, visit Martinborough for some wine and delicious local food, and take the ferry over to Days Bay for a family brunch - as well as barbecues and laughs at our house!

No comments:

Post a Comment