Thursday, November 15, 2012

Getaway

I have the Best Employer Ever. I'm currently in a swanky hotel in a resort town, enjoying amazing food and having serious fun, as a reward for my performance this year.

I tried jet-boating today and had one of those surreal moments where you realise that you're doing something pretty cool - I'll look back on this trip with both pride (for being selected) and gratitude (for the great opportunity) for years.

The wind is blowing in the trees but the sunshine is warm and it is exceptionally peaceful.

I intentionally left my heavy workload behind, including my volunteer work, so I could use this chance to recuperate from what has been a pretty full on couple of months. I'll be straight back into the melee on Saturday but for now I'm enjoying impromptu naps and the chance to walk in the fresh air, quietly.






No comments:

Post a Comment