Thursday, November 1, 2012

Review: Pickle

I headed out with my boyfriend on a double date with our good friends tonight.  I wanted to try somewhere new so I voted for Pickle:


The interior is gorgeous, although very much of its time. I guess when you decorate a restaurant you go for a strong look though, and anticipate you'll redecorate as tastes change. The overhead lighting is preserving jars:


While the individual items weren't expensive, they were tiny.  We ordered four items to share as a starting point, and ended up ordering another three items (plus drinks).  Dinner was $17 each and we left feeling still a bit hungry (I'm about to have second dinner now...).

We agreed that Pickle is probably best for a pre-dinner drink and nibbles, or dessert.  They do have toasted marshmallow milkshakes, which I enjoy making at home, so that was exciting.  However, once again they were teensy tiny portions:

We'll probably move on to trying somewhere else, instead of making this a new favourite, and just head back here when we want a frisson of deliciousness after a meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment